Author Topic: Cold Turkey?  (Read 1138 times)

Offline kgoulder

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Cold Turkey?
« on: September 12, 2005, 12:33:04 pm »
How early is too early to go Cold Turkey from nursing. my dd is about 9.5 months. I can't take it anymore.

please see other post for additional info...i've been using similac Isomil soy based - but it's still a struggle.

Forum Index -> Expand -> Breast Feeding -> "trying to wean -- can i add a drop of vanilla?"

please help. thanks, k

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
Cold Turkey?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 12:48:31 pm »
DON'T go cold turkey!!!!  It's way too hard on your body and on your lo.   Have you tried pumping to add some EBM to the soy milk? As you're doing this, you can gradually drop feeds during the day and just offer the sippy cup (what kind are you using?). She'll get the hang of it - once she figures out that for that feed, she just gets the cup and not the breast... If you want to stop offering your breast too, you can always pump a feed for a while and give her the EBM.  Then start pumping less and less for that feed and replace the extra with the formula.  Until finally, you're not pumping for that feed at all.  Then work on another feed during the day.
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline tabrenna

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Cold Turkey?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 16:46:17 pm »
I just read your other post and wanted to add my two cents about sippy cups and formula.  I use the safety 1st sippy cups.  It is fairly easy to get the liquid out but it doesn't spill all over the place.  I found that making the formula with cold milk in the sippy cup worked.  Josh wouldn't take it if I had it warm at all.  Good luck.