Author Topic: Coca Cola and milk-free diet  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Williamsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Coca Cola and milk-free diet
« on: September 13, 2005, 04:10:42 am »
I found the sticky on foods to avoid on certain diets very helpful, but have a question.  The milk-free diet says to watch out for "natural flavorings".  Does this mean that if the ingredient list lists "natural flavorings", that it has milk, or only that it COULD have milk products?  Coca Cola lists it, as does Sprite, but I'd find it extremely odd that these products would have milk by-products in them.  Also, how rigorous do I need to be in MY diet in order for my lo to not be affected?  Does anyone have any experience in this area?

Thanks for any input.

Sarah

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 19:14:20 pm »
I think you can use logic for those type of natural flavorings. I would doubt Coke or Sprite have milk in them. Try them and see how your lo does.

As time went on, I found that I could be more lenient with my diet. I might be able to eat a little cheese on my taco and he wasn't affected. But if I tried a spoonful or ten of ice cream, he hurt.  :roll:  Usually after 6 months you can try a little milk here and there. Yogurt is the best to start with, it is most easily digested by you and lo.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline Williamsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 02:37:03 am »
Thanks.  That's what I figured, but you can never be too careful.  I've been surprised by a lot of the things that have milk or a milk by-product in them!  My little guy seems to be pretty affected, at least right now.  We're just getting his system cleared out.  He just turned 8 months & has been having problems since about 4 1/2 months, but we're just getting it figured out!  Needless to say, I don't want to cause him any undue distress!  I'm feeling rather guilty that it took this long to diagnose it.  Any mistake I've made since we found out has caused his little face to react again.  He doesn't seem to have any stomach pain, though.  I think it just makes him feel bad in general.  Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Sarah

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 03:16:59 am »
Wow, he has skin reactions? That is more allergy related, so you should be really careful if/when you do introduce milk to him later. FWIW
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies