Author Topic: EASY at four weeks? (bedtime, older sibs, gas questions)  (Read 1107 times)

Offline mandykittie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
EASY at four weeks? (bedtime, older sibs, gas questions)
« on: September 13, 2005, 19:03:48 pm »
I just know that the answers are somewhere in Tracy's books that I've read (and reread!), but my sleep-addled brain can't remember...I've been trying to get our newest one (Jasper, 8/17/05) on the EASY schedule (this is day three), and have a few questions...

1-when is bedtime at this age?  Our 2.5 yo daughter (Josie) goes down around 7:30, and I thought that bedtime for a tiny one is around 9-10, but I'd love to put him down earlier (and get a little more sleep myself!).  When do babies start going to bed early?

2-he's been taking two-hour naps, with a one-hour awake period, then goes to sleep quickly with a little pat/shush.  Do I really need to wake him after 1 1/2 hours?  I'm really needing the time to spend with Josie.

3-if you have an older child, how do you handle outings with the both of them?  We have a weekly preschool coop one morning, an art group another, and generally get stir-crazy if we're home all day.  He sleeps find in his carseat (for now!), but I don't want to mess him up too much!  I'm so protective of Josie's sleep, I know I can't be that inflexible with him, but just don't know how to handle it.

4-he has awful gas, in spite of trying mylicon drops and gripe water, burping really well, pumping his legs, etc..he was grunting and crying in his sleep for hours this morning, making it hard for dada and I to get any rest (he's in a bassinette in our room) from 2-7am.  Any suggestions on how to help him with this?

Thank you so much for whatever advice you can give!!
Amanda
mommy to Josie (1/11/03) and Jasper (8/17/05)

Offline zayandme

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
EASY at four weeks? (bedtime, older sibs, gas questions)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 17:52:14 pm »
Okay, i can give one area of expertise- gas! lol.
Can you tell me what you eat for dinner these days? Not all people see results with changing their diet when their little one has gas, but it worked wonders for us. 
Hope you get some answers on the other issues. I wish I could help. I'm sure you're exhausted- Don't forget to take it easy on yourself! To quote one of the books-
"don't stand when you could be sitting,
don't sit when you could be laying down,
don't lay down when you could be sleeping"

are you getting support from dh?
Sarah,Mom of Isaiah, Textbook/Touchy
Jesus said, " Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27