Author Topic: 3 1/2 month old teething...and waking at night  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Logan and Kenzie's Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 1/2 month old teething...and waking at night
« on: September 14, 2005, 00:17:31 am »
My 3 1/2 month old lo usually sleeps from about 8:30pm-6:30am. Recently, however, it appears that he has started cutting his first tooth. I thought it was way too early for this, but i took a peek in his mouth, and saw a tiny corner of one of his upper incisors sticking out. He has been fairly fussy lately, and the evenings are often a never-ending fuss-fest. The past 3 nights he has woken about 4am. The first 2 nights he was able to get back to sleep on his own, but last night NO WAY. Since it had been about 9 hrs since his last feed, I ended up feeding him when he woke last night...after checking his diaper, and giving him a little reassurance. I gave him a bottle, and a shot of infant Tylenol. I dont want these night-wakings to become an irreversible habit, but I know his mouth is hurting him. What might I do to avoid starting to create a bad habit???

Offline ktmum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
3 1/2 month old teething...and waking at night
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 09:47:01 am »
I think babies can cut teeth from anyage really my Lo was about 4 months, app some babies are born with teeth!!
As for the nightwakings it maybe a combination of teeth and a growth spurt. I found my Lo still goes through unsettled patches of nightwakings/early morning wakings. Sound like you babies been a super star so far. The best thing you can do is be consistant when your lo does wake up at night with how you are going to handle it. Ie if you are using PUPD etc. Keep your voices low and dont talk to them etc etc
Keep using meds as required under the instruction of your doc and maybe teething gel. I found a homeopathic remedy camomilla very help ful I think its called teetha and is made by Nelsons.
Take Care hun
Karen