Author Topic: Starting solids sent the e.a.s.y routine out the window??!!!  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Mona

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Starting solids sent the e.a.s.y routine out the window??!!!
« on: September 14, 2005, 04:40:49 am »
My 8 month old daughter and I have been on the e.a.s.y plan since she was born.  She was 2 and a half months premature so since we spent so much time in the NICU we were always on a strict feeding schedule. I starting introducing solid foods about a month ago and her eating schedule has gone crazy! We were doing four feeds every four hours apart...8am, 12pm, 4pm, and 8pm. It was working fantastic!
I started introducing food slowly and now we do breakfast (cereal), lunch (friut), supper (a veggi).  But in the last week or so she doesn't want her bottles with her meals.  She want breakfast at 8am...a bottle at 10am-----lunch at 12pm...a bottle at 3 pm-----supper at 5pm...at bottle at 8pm.  Is this kind of feeding schedule normal?  I don't mind this routine but I just want to make sure that this isn't going to turn her into a snacker or make it difficult to wean her off the bottle when its time since they seem to be landing at nap times right now.  If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 20:49:13 pm »
For most, one hour difference between milk and solids is what works, but in our case, my lo doesn't eat much if I try to give her solids one hour after she's had her bottle. So, I give her solids 1.5 to two hours after her bottle, and she'll eat some. So, our schedule is something like this :

Bottle at 7, 12, 5 and 10
Solids at 9 (breakfast), 1:30 (since she sleeps at 2) or at 4 (if she doesn't eat anything at 1:30)  (lunch) and 6:30 (dinner).

If that is what is working for u, and u don't mind it, then I would suggest to just go with what both of you are comfortable with. Just tweak some timings depending on her naps.

HTH.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 20:55:05 pm »
Just wanted to ditto what Sumita said - most babies do better when their bottles and solids are spread out, usually about an hour apart, sometimes more.  It DOES feel like you are always feeding, and your EASY becomes EAEASY, but you are still sticking with a 4-hr routine.  This is our routine:
7 - bottle
8 - breakfast
11 - bottle
12 - lunch
3 or 4 - bottle
5 - dinner
7 - bottle

Sounds like you just might need a little tweak in your routine, and she will probably do better with solids and bottles...   :)
Sheila
ng

Offline Mona

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 14:25:40 pm »
Hi Sheila
Hi Sumita
Thank you so much for your input.  I always feel better when other moms give me there input.  That's why these forums are so great.  I could set a clock to Molly's eating habits for over 6 months and with adding solids it kind of threw me for a loop.  But knowing her schedule is starting to take a good form makes me feel much better! Thanks again gals!
From Mona and Baby Molly