Author Topic: Mr. fussy Butts  (Read 1352 times)

Offline webfoot

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
    • Bug n' Belle
Mr. fussy Butts
« on: September 14, 2005, 06:42:14 am »
Well as a former bf drop out I'm happy to say that at 6m mr. E and I are bf happily! We just got our first two teeth  ALREADY! yes and he has yet to take off the first layer of chrome.

So here is our issue. Mr. E is SOOOOO protective of his bf time. He WILL NOT bf if I am talking to anyone, or if big bro or big sisi are shreiking, or if there is pretty much any actvity going on. I remember going through this with my first two but it was always as I was  switching to bottlek, here I feel like I'm not sure what to do.  I honestly feel like he's figured out his "mommy time" and he's not giving an inch! Anyone ellse gone through this?
Tanya

Kyle 12/27/01
Amy 3/28/03
Evan 4/12/05
Addy 4/29/10

Visit me on etsy!

annamum

Mr. fussy Butts
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 06:49:08 am »
Congratulations on 6 months!

Well, yes, Anna did not like me to talk to anyone while she was nursing or anybody enter the room in which we were nursing. But she has always been a very distracted nurser that's why I never learnt to nurse her in public. She was too interested in her surroundings and would unlatch immediately to look at something just so my breast would show to everybody.
But with time, she realized she still had me for herself on regular basis (she is my first one) and started accepting interruptions.

Offline webfoot

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • Bug n' Belle
Mr. fussy Butts
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 07:08:58 am »
Tthat is exactly Evan.... he sees me with others and no go... And he'll hold out too for hours. We get home and I"m ready for him to nurse and he's ooon it as lolng as K and A re far away, if they are being loud oh boy do we have iissueds!
Tanya

Kyle 12/27/01
Amy 3/28/03
Evan 4/12/05
Addy 4/29/10

Visit me on etsy!

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
Mr. fussy Butts
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 13:06:11 pm »
Megan was like that too - but more just due to distractibility.  She's gotten better...and it helps that she eats less often. :roll: As she started getting older, I'd just talk to her "OK, sweetie, if you're done, I'm putting it away...", to which she'd smile and latch back on.  I also found that it would be helpful if I sang to her and looked into her eyes (easier for her to pull my hair and poke her finger up my nose, yes, but at least she wasn't popping on and off :? ).  Those are my only suggestions!  Pain in the you-know-what, though, I know!!
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
Mr. fussy Butts
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 19:02:12 pm »
Hi T, good to see you around!  :wink:  How's the laptop?

What I've had to do with Max is anticipate these nursing times. For instance, he's going to wake up soon, I pop in a video for Grace in the playroom and that buys me 20-30 min to nurse him quietly in the living room. (So I'm still available for her, she's about Amy's age) Or I might set her up at the dining room table to color/play with stickers/have a snack. Max is pretty efficient, he can eat off both sides in about 5 minutes. That helps a ton.

This definately gets easier as the solids become more of their diet, and nursing is actually something I look forward to. 5 minutes, just the two of us.

( :wink:  Although after some of the stories - the toothpaste and the brownies are two I remember well,   :shock: , I can see why you don't leave the two older ones alone!)
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

stasztk

Mr. fussy Butts
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 19:06:47 pm »
Kaitie does this and she is only 2 months! She stop and look at the person talking to me and give them the evil eye. If they don't notice she'll start to fuss and then cry. :lol:  Funny babies, huh?
Conrats on the 6 months!