Author Topic: Can't believe I'm so heartbroken about stopping!  (Read 1082 times)

Offline kriskiss

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Can't believe I'm so heartbroken about stopping!
« on: September 14, 2005, 14:11:36 pm »
Hi everyone. I posted not long ago as I'm pregnant and have felt myself getting dryer by the day and my 11 month old son has only really been suckling on and off as he wanted to, mainly for comfort/cuddle time.

However it has been a whole 49 hours since he last asked and last night once I'd got him to bed for the 2nd time ever without a breast feed  I was crying my heart out.  I guess I just feel like he's growing up now and no longer my wee baby :cry: .

Now this coming from a woman who was dead against breastfeeding all her life, and who couldn't even look at pictures of women doing it in books!  After at least 9 weeks of agony I stuck at it and grew to love everything about it, and so did my son.  He loved breastfeeding and  I could never imagine him stopping.  I guess I feel if I wasn't pregnant that he would still be getting what he needs from me, but he doesn't seem to be missing it so far.  I can't believe how sad I am though!  But hey - I'll be starting again from scratch in a few months, and at least hubby can have them back to himself for a while first :wink: !!

Thanks for all your support when i've needed it  xxxxxx

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 15:34:46 pm »
I feel for you!  You've given your son such a great gift!! He's lucky to have a mom who was willing to work so hard at it. It's hard when they grow up, isn't it... :cry:

Hugs and stay well!  :)
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 15:45:41 pm »
I'm right there with you! Our last ever bf was yesterday morning, and I couldn't stop crying yesterday. I'm really going to miss the closeness it brought us, and the fact that I was giving my ds the best possible food I could give him.

I posted on this some days ago, and received the most lovely replies. You should read them, as they apply to you too (even more so, b/c you managed to do it a lot longer than me):

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/need-a-cyber-hug-vt40726.html

Take care, good luck with your pregnancy,
Caroline
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

annamum

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 20:47:39 pm »
So sorry for you  :cry: . I can easily understand how you feel.

What he did is pretty normal, a lot of babies do wean in pregnancy and if  he were older he could still possibly remember nursing (and might want to try) when new baby arrives but since he is so young I think he won't.

Don't worry, you will find new ways of being close to him!