Author Topic: What have I done worng??  (Read 1536 times)

Offline matthewsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 89
What have I done worng??
« on: September 14, 2005, 14:58:38 pm »
I have a 27 mo. old.  He has always been a great sleeper.  Every once in awhile a rough night here and there.  He would sleep 11 hours aerage a anight, which wsgreat.  Well, about a week ago hes been screaming whenever I put him to bed.  He screams and screams until I come in with him and hten hell fall asleep.  Then, hell wake up every 2 hours to make sure I am with him.  I tried putting him back down and telling him to go to sleep, I triedletting him scream and coming back into the room every 10 mins, he kept screaming for 1 whole hour and never stopped unitl I stayed with him.  Now he does the same thing with naptime.  he is ehausted becasue he rubs his eyes and is soooo cranky.  I tried changing himfrom his crib to a bed after we let him pick out sheets and a blanket thiking he had outgrown the crib, oh even worse.  WEll, last night wa sthe worst.  He went to sleep finally at 9, wokeup at 11, then again at 2, and from 2 to 6 would close his eyes, and he would open them every 10 mins and say, mama, you still there, and the few times I left the room screamed his head off.  Finally at 6 I walked in gave him 3 books and said, IF you dont want to go to sleep dont, you can read your books or sing, but you are not getting up yet.  He stopped crying after about 5 mins and  I guess fell asleep caus ehe slept till 9.  What do I do??? I cant keep going like this.  Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Christie

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
What have I done worng??
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 17:23:42 pm »
Hi there,

Could you give us a bit more info.?  Whats does his day look like, naptime, bedtime?  Does he fall asleep independently?  Have there been any changes lately?  Could he be ill maybe?  Has he gotten his 2 year molars?

My first thought anytime a previous good sleeper dramatically changes like this, is that they are ill.  My ds was always a great sleeper until he got his first ear infection, and then would scream when we even started near his room.  Of course once I took him to the doctor and got it figured out he was fine again.  Just a thought.

Post back and we'll try and help!
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline matthewsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 89
What have I done worng??
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 19:13:50 pm »
THere have been no changes to his routine lately.  HE used to wake up about 8:30 or so, we would go see his grandparents, head to the park or hae some kind of outing, then we would come home eat lunch, play for a while and he would go to bed around 2 or so.  Then he would wake up between 3 and 4, we would go for a walk and then he would help me make dinner, we would all eat together about 6 or so, and then we would usually play here at hom with his dad or head out somewhere, usually he chose.  THen about  8:30 wed get ready for bed, and he was in bed by 9.  He would always fall asleep by himself, never needed me, and then one day he just went nuts and started screaming and sincethen, haent been able to get him to sleep.  Took him to the dr, and there is no sign of infection or illness.  Let me know if that is enough info.  THanks!! CHristie
Christie