Author Topic: Crib to bed vs. potty training  (Read 1397 times)

Offline chyna823

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 14, 2005, 20:22:36 pm »
My just-turned-two-year-old seems very interested in trying the potty, but she's still in a crib. We do want to switch her to a real bed soon, since there's a new baby on the way, but I'm wondering which I should try first. If she's still in the crib during potty training, will that cause problems because she can't get up and go to the bathroom herself?

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
Crib to bed vs. potty training
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 21:18:16 pm »
We started potty training a little over a month ago and dd was still in her crib.  The next day she decided to learn how to climb out of her crib so we did both at the same time and it really hasn't phased her.  We're still working on the potty training of course, but most times she's good with her bed.  It's a convertible bed so it's still her crib with the one side off to make a toddler bed.  She's only gotten out twice when she should've been sleeping.  Anyway, my point for you, is that we were planning to do potty training while still in the crib so I think that's ok to do AND dd is in a big girl bed now and does not take herself to the potty.  She's in diapers for naps and bedtime still as she doesn't have the control while sleeping.  That often cames later than daytime training.  Good luck with whichever you decide!