Author Topic: Oh my aching belly  (Read 2104 times)

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
Oh my aching belly
« on: September 14, 2005, 20:44:15 pm »
Good grief! Max is doing ok on limited milk now, still no soy. But I am adding milk stuff back to my diet and my poor tummy hurts so bad! Do I need to build up a tolerance or just avoid it the rest of my life?  :lol:  :roll:

I've started really slow. I can do half a yogurt ok, but any more and indigestion. I can do a sprinkle of cheese on a burrito, but pizza kills. And ice cream sent me straight to the toilet.  :oops:  :roll:

Any other moms have a hard time going back to dairy?
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Oh my aching belly
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 22:11:32 pm »
Yay for Max! That's got to be a little easier on you, that's for sure, at least as far as finding food he can eat.

I don't eat a lot of dairy for the same reason - gives me gas and tummy-aches a lot of the time. I figure it's because my body finally figured out that cows' milk is for baby cows and my body's decided to reject it. :( How I miss a nice tall glass of cows' milk, but actually, I've gotten used to rice milk now!

Gotta run! Good luck..... :)

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
Oh my aching belly
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 23:36:38 pm »
Oh no Stacy, don't tell me that. Here I sit and dream about the day I can run out to Pizza Hut and chow down like a pig on extra cheesy pizza  :oops: and you're telling me that I may have to work myself back in slowly.  :P  :lol:  :P  :lol: . Maybe it's not worth it, tee hee, J/K.  :wink: Bet it's just one of those things that your body will have to slowly adjust back into. About four years ago dh and I started to eat healthier (instead of all the dinners out, etc.) and now whenever we eat deep-fat fried foods we just wanna hurl. It's just too much for our systems and it sends us straight to the can  :oops: .
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
Oh my aching belly
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 02:31:00 am »
Getting used to it. That's funny!  :lol:  I will keep at it easy. Deb, I like Rice Milk too. Just so expensive! And doesn't cook up as well as cows milk, nothing does. Oh well, I'm just happy to eat yogurt again.  :D
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
Oh my aching belly
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 14:30:55 pm »
Quote from: GraceKellysmom
Deb, I like Rice Milk too. Just so expensive! And doesn't cook up as well as cows milk, nothing does.  :D

I agree. Both dh and ds love the rice milk that I have to drink now but I'm too "cheap" to let them have it all the time. :wink:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05