Author Topic: Problem with throwing up  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Problem with throwing up
« on: September 15, 2005, 12:09:47 pm »
I resently had to switch from the concentrate to the powdered form of the formula that I'm using because the store is out of the concentrate.
I use parents choice (same as simallac but the non name brand of it) They're changing the formula to include the Omega acids in it like they do for the Simallac)

Since then everytime my dd eats she throws most of it back up :(
She's never had this problem with the concentrate and its got me concerned.
Is there something I can do to stop this or will it only stop if I go back to concentrate? The stores not sure when they will have more.

Should I go out and buy the Simallac till then? Will it hurt her if I do that..

or will this correct its self with time?
Kimberly

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
Problem with throwing up
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 16:14:46 pm »
Hi Karita,
There are a couple things I am thinking of that may explain the vomiting with the powdered. First, the concentrate is thicker than the powdered.  It may help to make up the powdered bottles the day before, and allow it to thicken overnight.  Also, check out the ingredients.  I was shocked to see that for some brands, the ingredients between the concentrate or Ready to Feed and the powdered are different!  For example, the Alimentum RTF has corn products, and the powdered doesn't.  So maybe she is sensitive to something in the powdered formula?  If she still seems to be upset on the powdered, I would probably go to Similac Concentrate...  Hope she feels better...
Sheila
ng