Author Topic: problem with formula  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
problem with formula
« on: September 15, 2005, 12:43:36 pm »
I'm  reposting this here cause I put it in the wrong forum by mistake

I resently had to switch from the concentrate to the powdered form of the formula that I'm using because the store is out of the concentrate.
I use parents choice (same as simallac but the non name brand of it) They're changing the formula to include the Omega acids in it like they do for the Simallac)

Since then everytime my dd eats she throws most of it back up 
She's never had this problem with the concentrate and its got me concerned.
Is there something I can do to stop this or will it only stop if I go back to concentrate? The stores not sure when they will have more.

Should I go out and buy the Simallac till then? Will it hurt her if I do that..

or will this correct its self with time?

Offline mattandcindy

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 17:23:44 pm »
I would call your doc on this one. I may be something physical and you don't want to overlook it.
I found switching my dd at that age to any different formula was a major change to her system and she would need about 5 days to get used to the change. I would say if you are going to change to make sure you give it a good week before changing again, as it is hard for them to keep adjusting.
But, I would definitely call your doc.
Cindy

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
problem with formula
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 17:27:16 pm »
Hi.  I posted a reply on your other post.  But I just thought that maybe it would be good to call the doctor.  If she is vomiting her feeds all of a sudden, you may want to rule out Pyloric Stenosis, since she is about that age...  Let us know how things go...
Sheila
ng

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
problem with formula
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 19:34:53 pm »
I called her doctor and she said to switch her to the simillac concentrate, however we got a lucky break when we went to Walmart they had a whole bunch of the Parents Choice concentrate, and it was all reduced, We bought 4 cases. So that should last us a while. Hopefully she'll do better now.
We're gonna see about buying a couple more cases before there out, so we're set for a while since we're not sure how long it'll be before they have the new stuff.
Kimberly