Author Topic: World Breastfeeding Week  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
World Breastfeeding Week
« on: September 15, 2005, 14:17:03 pm »
Hi everyone - if you didn't know, the World Breastfeeding Week happens in North America from October 1 - 7.  There are probably some fun activities happening in your area if you look for them!

The group I belong to, Nourri-Source, along with La Leche League, and a bunch of other supporters, is organizing a Breastfeeding Challenge in Montreal (to any local moms!).  Everyone is welcome to come down to Place Ville Marie on October 1st (Saturday) from 10am - 1pm with their lo's.  At exactly 11am, everyone is encouraged to nurse their children and they do a count all across Canada and the US! There are also door prizes and stuff and it's all free.

A bunch of my friends are planning to go - if anyone else is interested, let me know and maybe we can meet up. :D
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline Arwyn's mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • Arwyn -- April 5th, 2005
World Breastfeeding Week
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 17:00:06 pm »
Breastfeeding Challenging happening in Vancouver too!

Come to the Chan Centre Auditorium in the Children’s & Women’s Education and Research Centre, 4500 Oak Street. Registration starts at 10:15 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 1.

For more information, call (604) 875-2282 or visit http://www.babyfriendly.ca.

The website has not yet posted very much information but it is interesting to see where else you can go to breastfeed!!

Happy nursing everybody!
Ankie
Burnaby, B.C. Canada