Author Topic: almost asleep......then not. i am going CRAZY.. HELP  (Read 1135 times)

Offline mango_baby

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
almost asleep......then not. i am going CRAZY.. HELP
« on: September 15, 2005, 16:45:41 pm »
if anyone has this experience, please help me (us)

Roaen is 13 months old- didn't do pd until 11 mo- but is much better now after nursing, rocking, walking etc to sleep. he had always been VERY attached. he is mainly spirited and a bit touchy too
we are on easy. we have had a strong consistent bed time routine since he was born. 530 eat. 600 bath 630 nurse 645-7 bed.
 i have been sitting while roaen does yoga and acrobatic moves for a long time. he will then stop and quiet down, he begins to self-sooth, his eyes are almost closing, he is just about asleep...THen he begins his crib romping for another set of 10-15 min. this goes on for up to an hour, which, by this time he is now overtired and cries out in frustration. at this point he needs me to put my hand on his back or rub it or say shhhhh. it is as though he has to know i am right there physically touching him before he can fall asleep. he does many times self-sooth to sleep. so, i don't know what is going on. i have played around with times putting him down both earlier and later. nothing makes a difference. PLEASE HELP. i can't take this anymore. before i was with him to go to sleep by nursing and rocking, now i am soothing him when he seems to keep going in these cycles of drowsy and then play mode. i am going to begin to leave the room at one minute intervals, but will this solve his restlessness and then overtiredness? i am trying to avoid a huge crying episode pd was tough enough as it took 3 1/2 hours the first night (did i mention i have a spirited baby?)
i appreciate any feedback or suggestions
thank you so much

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 17:18:18 pm »
Hi there - can you give us an example of what a typical day/night would be like for little one with naps/feeds

Thanks
Dee
x

Offline mango_baby

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 17:25:47 pm »
our day looks like this. and i am glad you asked because i wonder if, for his age i need to make some adjustments!!??

530-6 up and nurse
6-830 activity
830 eat
900 nap (always falls asleep right away)
1015-30 up nurse
1030-1230activity
1230 lunch
100-130 nap (maybe will fall asleep by 2 or so)
3-330 wake nurse
330-530 activity
530 dinner
6-630 bath, nurse, read books, into bed
7-715 bed
usually asleep maybe 8 or so

hope this helps,
thank you so much

melissa

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 18:17:31 pm »
Perhaps start phasing out the morning nap?

Maybe an earlier bedtime? It's not as hard to go backward with your sleep routine, just move your routine back like 20 mins a few nights, then back some more. This will give him more sleep on the PM side of night sleep (hopefully). Moving it up may make things worse.

Maybe try getting him to go back to sleep in the am and getting him to sleep in a little later (I know, easier said than done)?

Just some thoughts...

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005