Author Topic: Cluster Feeding vs. Dream Feed  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Liam and Shane's Mommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Cluster Feeding vs. Dream Feed
« on: September 15, 2005, 22:45:50 pm »
I've never done the dream feed with my first baby and now my second. I always preferred to go to bed for the night when they did.  Plus my 4 month old (although not lately) seemed to be going 9 to 10 hour stretches at night from 2 mos. on which was fine with me.

Right now the schedule goes something like this: Feed at 8AM, 11AM, 2PM, 5:30PM, 7PM, and 8PM.

Does anyone else out there do the cluster feed as well.  How did you work that into a 4 hour EASY.   I haven't started that yet.

Liam 2001/12/22

Shane
2005/05/12

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 22:53:30 pm »
I feed, 7.30/8am 11.30, 3/3.30, 6.45 & 7.30 (one side either side of the bath time) & usually end up with a feed around 4/5am.

I don't dream feed as it means I can go to bed early & Aiden (& now Liam) have habits of doing lots of chatting aroud the 5/6am mark & so I'm awake - but don't always have to get up to them... thought with Aiden it would go away... he's been doing it for a year & I think it is sleep talking!!
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Little Bear's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Daniel's birthday is 11 April 2005
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 08:42:56 am »
Hi Liam and Shanes Mummy - I used to do cluster feeding and my ds slept all night 6.30pm - 6amish with one wakeup to feed. Then I decided I'd prefer not to get up early hours of the morning so changed to d/feed instead. I was expecting my ds to drop his early morning feed, but he didn't. He ended up feeding twice. And sometimes if I'd had a bad day I would have gone to bed early and dh would wake me to df. So after about 1 month of trying I dropped the df and went back to semi-cluster feeding.

I now feed approx like this:

1-2am or 3-4am (somewhere between these times)
6.30am
10.30am
2.30pm
5.00pm
6.30pm before bed

As for the EASY, well, that's not what usually happens in our house as ds does not nap as long as he needs to to make the EASY work. I do try though.
 :lol:

It's usually more like: EAS AEAS AEAS AEAEAS

I've found that he definitely feeds best if he goes 4 hourly though, rather than sticking to EAS. If he wakes earlier than hoped from a nap I'm better not to feed him straight away or he won't take a full feed. Then that mucks everything up as the day goes by. So I try to keep the feeding as close to 4 hourly as possible.

Does that make sense???

Hope this helps in some way.
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand