Author Topic: Allergy?  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Claire Marie's mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Allergy?
« on: September 15, 2005, 22:54:53 pm »
My daughter has been spitting up alot today and I just noticed that she has a rash on her bottom!  She has never had a rash in all her 5 months.  Could this be an allergy to something?  The only thing out of the ordinary that I've eaten has been some hummus and pita bread oh and also some sour cream with my potato last night.  :(   I eliminated dairy from my diet several months ago because of spitting up and it has helped a ton.  I had a relapse with the sour cream. :oops:   The rash is new though.  Also, I introduced her to rice cereal last week.  Just once a day, she hasn't seemed to have any problems. I drink rice milk, so thought she could handle the cereal.  She also woke up several times last night.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Jessica :)

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
Allergy?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 00:45:00 am »
Some rice cereals have milk in them, so check the ingredients to be sure.

I would cut the dairy back from my diet and continue on the cereal if it is dairy free. If the rash goes away, you know your culprit. If it doesn't, cut the cereal, maybe try oatmeal instead if she must have it already.

I'm a displaced Husker, nice to see someone from home.  :wink:
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

• Showing Appreciation 1
Allergy?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 14:17:45 pm »
Thanks for your reply!  Its nice to "meet" you. :D  Once a Husker, always a Husker! :D
I'm going to give your suggestion a go.  I think I'll go ahead and stop the cereal for a while too until everything clears up.  Then reintroduce and see what happens.

Thanks again
Jessica

• Showing Appreciation 1
Allergy?
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 00:21:30 am »
Oh no!  I just realized there is an allergy board! :oops:  Sorry for posting in the wrong area.  Thanks for helping anyway!    :D

Jessica

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
Allergy?
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 00:36:33 am »
Hey, my true love board is and always will be the breastfeeding.  :wink:  Glad to help, hope you find the allergy board helpful.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies