Author Topic: 6mo naps like a 4mo and now wakes at 5am  (Read 3238 times)

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
6mo naps like a 4mo and now wakes at 5am
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2005, 16:12:00 pm »
Quote from: Little Bear's Mum
Sorry to jump on this post with an unrelated question, hope you don't mind? :wink:

Mind starting a new post under Feeding Solid Food and Weaning?  I don't mind answering this but (1) I won't pretend to be an expert and I only have limited personal experience and (2) the answer to your question may help out another mom who wouldn't know to look for this question under this thread.  :)

But from what limited experience I have, it can make the lo crankier when they are awake.  I was certain my ds's tooth must be coming in with all the commotion he made (it wasn't)!  I don't think you necessarily need to change to something else (I'm assuming this isn't the first vegetable you've introduced) but, if you're preparing it yourself, make sure everything you're using to prepare it in is clean.  That's my 2 cents. :-)
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline Paulsmama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2005, 18:00:22 pm »
Hi folks,
I'm glad your los are doing better, and congratulations on the teeth!  DS has bumps only. 
Our finally better sleep has gone totally awry and the past two nights he has been up at all hours (or more precisely, every hour).  He is rolling and creeping in the crib and constantly getting stuck, even with the bumpers, and he is gassy from his solids.  I am so proud of him but I would like to get some sleep since I haven't in 2 days.  Going to try to steal a few minutes now and put him on the floor every waking minute!
Cynthia

Paul--spirited/March 2005
Joseph--touchy-textbook??/Sept 2006

Offline Tannis

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
6mo naps like a 4mo and now wakes at 5am
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 20:43:38 pm »
Hi Cynthia, my DS was born in March as well. He just cut his first tooth about a week ago and has a bump next to it for another and he was REALLY (is) really restless with all that going on. Maybe your tooth will come soon! It's a trying time, isn't it??