Author Topic: short naps but 4 hour EASY is working  (Read 1409 times)

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
short naps but 4 hour EASY is working
« on: September 17, 2005, 06:27:41 am »
I have a question hopefully one of you can answer for me.  My 3 1/2 month old takes a sbort morning nap (about 30-45 minutes), a long afternoon nap )at least 1 1/2 hours and then a cat nap in the early evening.  Is this okay considering he is still able to go 4 hours between feedings?
Judy

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 06:43:56 am »
Your baby & my bay talk to each other!!
If he is sleeping well at night, happy with the amount of sleep he is getting, I say go with what works... the routines in BW books are a guide, not a set of rules, to what will help make a baby happy & sleep well.
My ds#2 sleeps like that because his sleep has to fit around the activities of his brother.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
short naps
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 09:12:44 am »
Thanks for the quick response Kate.  Actually, he does not sleep very well at night.  He gets up an average of 2 times per night around 1AM and 5AM.  Sometimes we can put him back to sleep for the 1 AM awakening but have to feed him with the 5AM wake up.  Do you think his short naps have anything to do with that?
Judy

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 10:31:21 am »
I still feed my lo anytime between 3am & 6am. Which I consider to be perfectly normal.
The other wakeup could well be developmental or habit if it is exactly the same time.
My thought is if he does a longer nap, he does know how to resettle, but if it worries you, you could try PU/PD to extend the naps.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 04:16:31 am »
Hi Kate,

I guess you are right, 2 feedings a night is still pretty normal.  Especially since we are putting him down around 8:00PM.  I guess my husband and I get impatient and forget the poor guy is not even 4 months yet!  Makes me feel better to know that not ALL babies sleep from 8pm-7am like you hear about all the time!

:lol:
Judy

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 15:21:49 pm »
You could try a dreamfeed at around 11...I know that's helped a lot of people :) He may skip the 1 am feeding; at the very least you will know whether or not it's habit or if he's really hungry!

Also, mine did that with naps before she started taking several 45 min naps all around, but I think it regressed like that because I didn't start pushing her wake time to 2 hours until after she started taking 45 min naps all day, and then I pushed it to far too fast. Day sleep is developing, hopefully this is all your lo will do before things switch back to normal :)

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005