Author Topic: Can someone explaine how one week she sleeps so well...  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Can someone explaine how one week she sleeps so well...
« on: September 18, 2005, 10:50:53 am »
and the next she does so bad???  Carmela is 17 months old.  No matter what her schedule is nap at 12-2 and sleep for the night at 7 p.m.  Now she will do this perfectly for a few days, waking at 6:15-6:30 a.m.  And then with no reason at all, all of a sudden she's in her crib at 7 p.m. but playing around until 8 p.m. and then waking at 5:30ish a.m. or earlier.  And then only napping for 1.5 hours (which for her is NOT enough)....

I've done the park.  Each night we go for a walk around the block depending on good sleep or not good sleep.  I've tried giving her two naps on the bad days and one on the good days...I tried earlier bedtime and later bedtime on the bad days and what I found is just keep it the same and she adjusts, but how long is this going to go on where it literally is a few days of good and then a week of getting her back on schedule????  I can't take this anymore....I'm tired.

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 10:34:03 am »
i can't really give any advice, as I seem to have had that problem on off for ages... I just think it has to do with the levels of stimulation... I try to give more in the morning, which seems to help a later sleep in.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Mariek

• Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 12:13:28 pm »
Hi there.

Don't you have some days were you could happily sleep all day, and other days where you just want to be up and about? Our babies are no different. Having the routine in place helps them but there are going to be days when they move the goal posts on you - I think they think that's half the fun, to change the rules just when you think you've got them sussed  :wink:  :roll: . Just try not to stress out about it too much and enjoy the fact that half the time things go to plan!! :)

love
Marie

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 12:58:14 pm »
I agree with Marie.  I know it is frustrating, but many times I have to tell myself that he is not a robot but a little human being.  All you can do is stay as consistent as you can and hope for the best, and try not to stress about it too much.  We're all in the same boat, you have some good days, and then some not so good!

Don't worry you are not alone!
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com