Author Topic: sometimes hes just not satisfied  (Read 1088 times)

Offline wongy258

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 18, 2005, 15:11:09 pm »
Please help
At certain times of the day. I cannot seem to satisy my 2 week old babys hunger. He empties one breast and then 10 mins later wants more and so I'll offer hime the second breast and he'll empty that. About 30 mins latr he is still hungry. What do I do? :cry: at other times one breast will satisfy him

annamum

sometimes hes just not satisfied
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 17:25:11 pm »
Does this happen in afternoon or evening? Milk supply is at its lowest during this time of a day. Also, your little one may be going through a growth spurt, if he needs to feed more often just recently. That means he is working on increasing your supply. As he is still very young, I would offer whenever he wants to nurse, this is a great way to establish your milk supply. Later, in a couple of weeks, things will level off, he will be able to go longer between feeds.

Another thing, many babies have a strong need to suck for comfort, we are mammals, this is natural. He proabably likes to suck to fall asleep that's why he asks for breast shortly after feeding :) . That's how my Anna was in her early weeks. Very exhausting for a new mom.

Good way to help him settle down and calm him down is tight swaddling. SOme babies will drift to sleep if womb evironment is recreated for them. that's why they like rocking, tight swaddle and white noise.