Author Topic: Wakes up happy after 30 min.  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Tannis

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Wakes up happy after 30 min.
« on: September 18, 2005, 17:51:33 pm »
Ok, what advice does anyone have if my 6 month old wakes up from his nap after only 30 minutes, but is playing and talking in his bed? Do I go in and try to get him back to sleep as he needs longer naps to stay happy, how long do I wait to see if he falls asleep on his own? I'm afraid that letting him play just lets him get wide awake and he'll never go back to sleep!

Offline Jamasco

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 18:14:17 pm »
My dd is almost 6 months and has always been a 30 minute napper.  I leave her in her crib unless she is really crying.  I consider that "down time" whether she is sleeping or not.
Janis

Offline Lindy Loo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • DS Jun 2005, DD Dec 2008
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 18:16:53 pm »
Hi Tannis

I can't really offer any advice I'm afraid but my 3 month old DS is the same .. it doesn't matter how long he sleeps he always wakes up playing.
In the middle of the night I just feed him and he goes off again but if it happens at nap time I find I have to get him out of his cot and give him about 10-15 minutes play for him to realise he's still tired and I then put him back down. (he won't resettle himself saddly as when he wakes he turns into Houdini and breaks free of his swaddling)

Linda

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 19:47:51 pm »
I'm with Jamasco on this one...mine does the same thing.

I just started leaving her in her crib for the full 2 hours for naps, but I check in on her every 15 mins or so if she's quiet for that long to see if she fell back to sleep. Usually she plays for 20 or 30 mins and goes back to sleep, sometimes she cries out when she needs help. If she's already gotten over an hour for her nap, I might get her up. It just depends on if she looks tired or not.

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005