Author Topic: one nap a day, but backwards, please help  (Read 1111 times)

Offline mango_baby

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
one nap a day, but backwards, please help
« on: September 18, 2005, 22:15:58 pm »
Just when I was going to transition my 13 month old  from two anps to one, he has done it himself. BUT, for the past two days he has one long am nap(1-2 hours) and no afternoon nap.He was waking up at 5am so for the past two mornings i have been doing pd and he falls back to sleep until 630-7.  His am nap is usually at 9. his afternoon nap used to be at 1, but it is just not working. How on earth do I reverse this, or get his nap to be in the pm not the am??
if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated, he is really tired  and going crazy by 530, and I, as well, am exhausted with no break or me time from 1030or11 until 5. running on empty. 

thank you,

melissa

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
one nap a day, but backwards, please help
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 23:08:26 pm »
What you can try to do is slowly shorten his morning nap. This should make him more willing to take an early afternoon nap.

You could also try slowly moving his nap toward the afternoon by keeping him up longer and putting him down a little later every few days, but I'm not sure how well this is going to work.

Personally, I'd try shortening his morning nap first. Wake him after an hour. Do this for a few days. Then wake him after 45 minutes a few days. Hopefully he'll be willing to take a nap around noon or 1.

Let me know if one of these works :)

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005