Author Topic: Sleep clothes for naps?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Aranel

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 19, 2005, 02:46:02 am »
I posted a few days ago that my nine month old had started moving beyond the 45 minute naps.  Well, I spoke too soon.

Here's a question...I'd be interested to know if any of you have experienced this.

Do you find that your child naps longer when she is still in her sleeper or night clothes? Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but when I get my daughter dressed in play clothes so that I can just scoop her up and go after her nap, she seems to only sleep for 45 minutes. Yet, when I leave her in her sleeper, although she may stir and cry out after 45 minutes, she goes back to sleep, and does so for a total of 1.5 hours.

Thanks for your help.

Offline CW

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Sleep clothes for naps?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 19:51:09 pm »
Maybe it's the comfort factor?  Often I will just let my DS nap in his tshirt or onesie and remove his pants/shorts.  He seems more comfortable, though I haven't paid attention to whether his naps are longer or not.

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
Sleep clothes for naps?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 21:03:38 pm »
Hmm depends what age your baby is. I tried this last winter, used to pop her into bed in her clothes and had bad naps, put her pjs on and had good naps, but she was only about 4 months old at the time. considering she has lived in a vest/onsie for the last 3 months due to the heat was actually thinking last night what am I going to put her in for her naps when it gets cooler next month???