Author Topic: Not good habits-Anti-EASY Baby  (Read 1240 times)

Offline vchambers

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Not good habits-Anti-EASY Baby
« on: September 19, 2005, 03:46:16 am »
My second child is now 15 months old.  And I didn't do things 'right' with her.  We are still breastfeeding (which I am ok with) but not ok that she won't sleep at night without nursing to sleep.  Sometimes when she falls asleep she'll wake up when I transfer her to her bed and then the whole process starts from the beginning.

Tonight I let her cry for 25 minutes (picking her up and putting her back in her bed about 3 times).  She won't sit and rock--she insists I stand.  I tried to lay in her bed with her, and she pushes me out.  She is quite inconsolable. 

Do I let her cry/scream longer?  I'd like to implement the EASY method.  Does that mean I should nurse her after supper, then do the whole bath and bedtime thing?  If so, how much time do I put into getting her to bed (is 2  hours of trying to get them to sleep too much?)? 

In addition to just getting to sleep she often likes to nurse during the night.
Of course, I probably have many more questions but need to get some direction!

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Not good habits-Anti-EASY Baby
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 09:15:46 am »
HI

Can you post what a typical 24 hr period is currently like for her so we can see your starting point. 

also - do you have any of the BW books?  i think if you want to implement EASY you should try to get a hold of the new book (see link at top of page) as it will outline everythign for you and then when you are familiar with how you want to proceed we can assist you further with details.

your first issue will likely be about nursing to sleep - you might find some moms in the breastfeeding forum who have specifically overcome that hurdle so i suggest you post a specific question about stopping nursing a toddler to sleep..
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline vchambers

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 15:17:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  It felt so long while one waits to hear back.  I appreciate the thoughts. 

I am reading the original babywhisper now and gaining a lot.   Although it is difficult to apply some with the age.  :oops:

I'll add more about my schedule.  So excited to hear a reply, checked while at work!