Author Topic: Trying to break a bad habit...  (Read 1306 times)

Offline sujoomama1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Trying to break a bad habit...
« on: September 19, 2005, 23:35:34 pm »
Hello - I have a 2 & 1/2 month old baby and he is wonderful.  (first time mom) He sleeps during the night about 8 hours now, after we got on a routine of bathing, feeding.  My problem is that we discovered the swing would put him to sleep when he was sleepy, & we would put him in our swing and turn it on. He would fall asleep after some rocks.  If it stopped rocking, he would wake up and would get rocked again, or we would give him his pacifier.  Anyhow, I am trying to get him to sleep in his crib now and I don't know where to begin.  I have put him in his crib and patted him and sh'd him, but he only cries.  If I give him the pacifier while he is in the crib, he will suck on it and sleep, but when it falls out, (he is currently trying to find his fingers), he starts to cry again & I have to come back and give him the pacifier.  He is pretty much on a good routine during the day - eats about 20min to an hr., then we play for about an hr, and then he gets tired and wants to sleep.  Please help me establish good day time naps!!!

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 01:37:28 am »
Do you have Tracy's new book?  How familiar are you with her practices?   Also, have you read the Sleep Interview? 

The reason why I'm asking, is that it's loaded with information, and I just don't want to repeat if you already read it!  It also helps me to know what you know!

I'll check back for your response,
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004

Offline sujoomama1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 18:21:50 pm »
Hello - no, I'm sorry, I don't have her new book.  I only have the "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer".  I wouldn't say I am very familiar with her practices.  My sister gave me her book to read, and since this is my first child, you can say that I am a beginner all around...I hope you can help me.  Thanks.

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 01:47:04 am »
HI and welcome

Jane is out of town this week, but i wanted to help you get started.

Here is where i would recommend you start:
I would recommend you:
-read Tracy's new book and start w/ the chapter on teaching sleep
-download Tracy's sleep interview (on the top of this page)
-read the stickys about teaching sleep for young infants (also on the top of this page).

Let us know if you have more questions, we are happy to help!