Author Topic: A Special Thank You to All  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
A Special Thank You to All
« on: September 20, 2005, 01:46:15 am »
Meg's Mom and I wish to thank all of you for taking the time, answering each others posts and providing support and encouragement.  It's such a blessing for new parents (and parents-again!) to have the support of others, who have gone through the Short Napping (or No Napping) Newborns, 45-minute King and Queens, and Two-to-One Napping Wonders!

Many years ago, when the board just started (and Matthew was a wee 7 week old), I remember coming to this board, and just to have someone say "I hear ya.. I know.. I understand.. I've been there.." was such a relief!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time, to say "I hear ya.. I know.. I understand.. I'm in the thick of it too!.. I've been there!"

Take care,
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 01:48:52 am »
AH! Right back attcha'!  :lol: You and Meg's mom and soooooo very many other women on this board have helped me in raising a daughter I am so very proud of and you've helped keep this mummy sane. So I second it. Big back pats to you all...  :D

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 01:50:36 am »
p.s. if I can tell tales out of school Jane, you're known as the sleep goddess in some circles... :lol:

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 02:18:19 am »
Sleep goddess :oops:  Oh I blush!

It's funny you would say that..

Every day, I take a nap when Brendan has his afternoon nap.  It's become this terrible habit, that I have to stop because I return to work in 6 weeks.  But for now.. every day, I have my little nap. 

Michael calls me "The Sleep Queen", and his grandmother has said "all Jane ever does is sleep!" Matthew, my oldest son, has been known to say "it's 2 oclock, mommy needs to nap."

What the heck am I going to do when I return to work! My body is so conditioned to needing this nap, that I'm going to be exhausted!  Guess I have to wean myself off this nap (do I start a thread on this?? :) )

Sharon, thanks again for your words!
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004

Offline Meg's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 21:45:29 pm »
Diddo to what Jane and Sharron said above -  the best gift you can give to another parent is to tell them/show them you are not alone .

That is the gift i recieved when i found this special place and those who where part of our 25 page thread will always have a special place in my heart.  They are my old friends and now i have soo many new ones tooo - big hugs to you ALL!

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 18:50:10 pm »
First, a big thankyou to all of the amazing ladies on here, for keeping me sane. And, the biggest Thankyou should come to you and Meg's mom, Jane. You guys are wonderful. I can't even imagine being so helpful to all of us here, when you already have so much on your plate, and yet, here you are, answering each post individually.

God bless you all.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby