• Showing Appreciation 2
!!
« on: September 20, 2005, 15:28:26 pm »
dont worry im an idiot - im sorry for posting
Hana.xx

stasztk

!!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 15:33:01 pm »
How can we help? You'll get through this. You're not a horrible mother. You can put him in his crib until you get a hold of yourself. Go outside if you have to.

Offline Lucysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
!!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 15:50:44 pm »
Hana - I am so sorry things are so rough right now.  If I was in London I would pop round and relieve you for a bit.  Like Teresa said, you can leave the baby in the crib and have a breather for a bit.  I have a hard time being patient with my dd and also am having trouble enjoying her (just dreading naptime like mad).  I went on anti-depressants and they seem to be helping.  I also am no longer driving myself crazy with trying to be the perfect babywhisperer.  I have given in to some accidental parenting but I think my sanity and my baby's welfare is most important.  You need to take care of yourself.  If the weather is nice, why not put your ds in the pram and go for a walk just to get out of the house?  If he falls asleep it will not be the end of the world.  Please feel free to pm me to vent or whatever.  Also consider taking a look at the postpartum depression board.  Sending you lots of love and hugs...

Offline annaandtwins

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 02:04:00 am »
Hanna - hang in there. I know that sometimes it seems like everyone else's kids nap, but they don;t. One of my twinb boys is a TERRIBLE napper, and naptime (and sleep in general) has become a huge stress for me. When I realized that the sleep issue was making me miserable and making it hard for me to enjoy motherhood I realized I had to take a step back and understand that hving your child nap well is not the most important thing in life. Your child will get over this, I promise. It may take weeks, months, or even a couple of years before the sleep gets better. Some kids are just not that great nappers. I know that because I have 11 month twin boys and one is a great napper and one is a HORRIBLE napper. He is a horrible napper even though  have tried so hard to make him a better happer - followed all the 'rules' etc. He just won't sleep. So it;s not only what you do, it is also part of who they are. So.... if I were you I would just put the baby in the stroller and go on a walk, or go shopping, or whatever. It;s hard to hear about other moms who worry about their child sleeping too much when yours never sleeps.... but I am sure you have a wonderful baby who will grow up and be a wonderful child! No one ever said motherhood was easy!

Hang in there!

Anna