Author Topic: Cannot Log in  (Read 2310 times)

Anonymous

Cannot Log in
« on: September 20, 2005, 23:31:13 pm »
Hi,

This seems to be a common problem these days. It keeps saying inactive or invalid user name. My username is isaac'smom.

Thanks!

Offline Gareth - Harvey & Theo's Dad

• Mac Daddy
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 218
Cannot Log in
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 23:44:04 pm »
There was a slight problem with the site that Andy's fixed now, but it does mean that you'll have to clear all cookies and temporary internet files in your browser, then close your browser and re-open it for the action to take effect.

To clear cookies in Internet Explorer;

Tools > Internet Options > General Tab (should already be open on this).

Click 'Delete Cookies' & 'Delete Files' (If you haven't done this for some time, it may take a while to delete). Close browser and re-open.

Enter the site using http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/login.php

HTH
Gareth

Harvey - 18 Nov 2003

Theo - 24 Dec 2005

Anonymous

Cannot Log in
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 23:49:13 pm »
Thanks for the speedy reply. I use Mozilla Firefox, not netscape. I went to 'Options' and found cookies, cleared them, closed the browser and reopened it and still no go. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Offline Gareth - Harvey & Theo's Dad

• Mac Daddy
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 218
Cannot Log in
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 10:35:54 am »
Clear the Cache as well, it's under Cookies.  Remember to close down and reopen the browser.  Give it a few seconds before you reopen the browser.  If it still doesn't work than are you able to use IE to attempt to login whilst we work it out.  Also have you attempted to change your password?  And are you manually typing in your password or letting the firefox auto-fill do it for you? 

You can check what passwords, and under what url firefox has saved them by going:
Tools > Options > Privacy > Saved Passwords > View Saved Passwords > Show Passwords

I use Firefox almost exclusively, and I don't have any problems logging-in, I use IE for testing accounts and that's about it.
Gareth

Harvey - 18 Nov 2003

Theo - 24 Dec 2005