Author Topic: sleepy in day awake at night  (Read 1060 times)

Offline kitkat

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
sleepy in day awake at night
« on: September 21, 2005, 08:49:56 am »
My 17 day old daughter is very sleepy during the day but very alert in the evenings and night time. I somehow need to swap her day and night  sleeping patterns, does anyone have any advice? please help!!

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 10:18:52 am »
Hi congratulations on your daughter.  we recently had a big discussion to help Eden's mum so i have added the link to that thread.  have a read through that and see if some of that can help you get on track if you are not already doing these things.  let me know if you have tried any of this or what you are currently doing and we will see how we can help.

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/1-vt38364.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline kitkat

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 11:33:52 am »
Many thanks! I shall try and follow all of the tips posted for Eden's mum...heres hoping!

Offline DJDG's mom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 23:02:34 pm »
Hi,
I know you may have gotten advice already but I have a few tips too!
Your LO should sleep about 16 hours TOTAL! Usually you want 11 or 12 of those hours to be at night. So start to monitor how much she is sleeping during the day and if at times you think she has already hit her quota of 4 or 5 hours of naps then do what you can to keep her awake until bedtime. Also, try not to let her nap too close to bed time, at least 2 hours between her last nap and bedtime.
Another thing is, if you haven't already, try to establish a wind down routine. For example give her a bath with dim lights or soft music, etc, not too much stimulation. I found it very hard and still do find it hard to have a routine or schedule, but our bed time routine is one I try to never stray from! My LO was probably 2 months old before I realized this but it definitely helps!
Good luck!
Tara