Author Topic: Needs Help From Mums using Dr Brown's Bottle  (Read 1652 times)

Offline ZOO

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Needs Help From Mums using Dr Brown's Bottle
« on: September 21, 2005, 11:42:13 am »
I've never posted on this board before but would really appreciate if you could help me.

My 5 months old son has been using Dr Browns bottle for awhile now and his on level 2 nipple. Lately I notice that the flow starts to slow to drops when there's only 3 ounce left. Can't figure out why this is happening. Please help...

zu :cry:

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 15:40:07 pm »
Thats strange - I can't say Ive noticed this happening with my little one and we've been using Dr Browns for weeks now. I'll have a watch as he feeds later and see if I can figure it out... my only thoughts at the moment are could something be blocking the tube.. eg milk going up it or something... I use omneo comfort milk and its a terror for solidifying in the tube so I have to check it before I feed my little one from preprepared bottles or he can't get his milk out!

Helen

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 17:05:57 pm »
We've been using them for a long time now and I agree with Helen. Either you have bad nipples or the formula is clogging the tube. We actually stir it first, shake, then warm then shake again. A pain I know but we've found the bottles to be worth it. Also I can't remember exactly when but we went up to the stage three ones pretty quickly when we were using the thicker formula.

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 17:48:58 pm »
I was not able to bf so I´ve been using the bottles since day 1 and there has not been any issue with them. She use them even with cereal at night. She uses level 3 nipples since 2 months as her milk is for refluxers. Are you using the tiny brush for the small tubes, maybe smth got stuck there. Try using #3 nipples, or are you sure the nipples are the correct number for the age, as they are similar you can get confused.

Offline Samanthas mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 18:04:03 pm »
Ditto - I have never had any problems either. Seen as it is happening towards the end of the feed it does to point to the formula being thicker or lumpier towards the bottom.

If you pre-prepare you bottles do you give them a good mix again before feeding?

If that is not the problem may be worth trying faster flowing teats as the other posters have suggested
Sam's Mum