Author Topic: 2 naps to 1?  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Liliben

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
2 naps to 1?
« on: September 21, 2005, 15:33:40 pm »
My 11 month LO is all over the shop with his naps since started walking around his cot. I don't know what to do and I'm starting to feel hopless because my mum and co are starting to be very critical of the fact that I still try to get 2 naps in a day. For the past month we have been fighting the afternoon nap. LO used to take 2 naps of 1.5 hrs at 9am and 2.30pm but now we're struggling. Also he wakes at 6.30am and is asleep by 8pm after being put in bed at 7.15pm. My problem is that he seems shattered in the AM and wants to go back tobed usually and would sleep for 1.5 hrs if I let him. I took advice and woke him after an hour in order to get his second nap in but this only worked if I stayed in the room and had my hand placed on him to go to sleep. Otherwise he would stand up for a whole hour without crying before falling aslepp or not take a nap at all and be very grouchy by 5pm. Now he has started waking in the night and xalling out for me expecting me to be there because he's used to falling asleep with my hand on his back. Last night I tried leaving the room to get him to sleep which he was after 40 mins by 8pm and he woke at 7am (first time no night waking in 10 days). I put him down at 9am and did the same thing but he wasn't asleep until 10am then slept for 1.5 hrs. I put him down for nap again at 3pm and he wasn't asleep til4pm. Hedoesn't cry, just plays in the dark. I will have to wake him now at 4.30 because I'm going to work and he needs feeding. Help! Does LO need just 1 nap?

lil'monkey

2 naps to 1?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 18:27:13 pm »
Liliben - we are going through the same thing right now as well.  Why don't you check this thread out, maybe we can give each other ideas and support. 

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/progressively-longer-awake-time-for-nearly-11-mo-old-vt41154.html