Author Topic: An Update on our naps  (Read 1333 times)

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: September 21, 2005, 19:00:23 pm »
So, I'm sure all of you remember the terrible time I was having after Mihika's surgery, with everything gone backwards. Now, she's (almost) back on schedule. She's taking two naps a day, but timings r still erratic. Sometimes both will be 1.15-1.30 hours ong, sometimes one will be 1:30 and the other will be 30 minutes. So, we're still a little wobbly, but I'm okay with that. When she wakes up after 30 minutes, I leave her be for 20 minutes to see if she'll go back to sleep. If she doesn't then I just pick her up and go about our day, and put her down for her next nap three hours later. I am okay with that; if it works for her, it works for me. And, oh ya, no pacifier, too.

I want to say a big thankyou to all of you for helping me keep my sanity, and offer great advice and support. I don't know what I would do without all of you.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 20:01:37 pm »
Ok, so I guess, no one was interested in our little "achievement". (Just kidding, LOL).

I did have a question though. Supposing she messes up one of her naps, only sleeps half hour instead of her 1.15, so her second nap ends at 2:30. So, she won't be able to last until 7, which is her usual bed time. If I give her a catnap at 4:30, then do I modify her bed time to 8 (since she woke up at 5 from her ca nap) or do I still keep it at 7?

Slightly confused here, 'coz I am not sure she'll be tired enough to go to bed at 7, but if I modify it then she'll miss an hour's sleep. Or do I not give her the cat nap at all, and just tough it out for the last hour or so.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
An Update on our naps
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 21:13:57 pm »
You could maybe do a compromise kind of thing and put her to bed at 7:30.  If you put her to bed at 8 pm she may even take a longer nap during the day to make up for the hour she missed at night.  I am quickly learning that Lindsey will sleep if she needs to and she will not if she doesn't, whether I like it or not.   Or you could extend her awake time between am and pm nap so that hopefully she wakes a little later in the day.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
An Update on our naps
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 01:38:38 am »
I am so glad to hear you are back on track - for the most part  :wink: and that she is doing well!!

I agree w/ Lindsey's mom, if she is tired at 7 then go w/ it - if not then 7.30 would be fine.

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
An Update on our naps
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 00:22:07 am »
Sounds great!!  (sorry for the delay, I've been away at the cottage again!)

Big hugs to you!
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004