Author Topic: any Aug/Sept 05 mommies out there?  (Read 3310 times)

Offline mthyne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
any Aug/Sept 05 mommies out there?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 22:48:42 pm »
Hi there!  I just found this Aug-Sept thread.  My DS was born Aug 2, and is now 14 weeks.  He's a really happy little guy (well, not so little--he's about 14-15lbs), but my question is this:  When do I go to a 4-hour EASY?  Right now we are a loose 3-3 1/2 hours.  He gets a 6-7 oz. each feed, plus nursing at night and in the mornings.  I'm afraid if I change to 4 hours he will start getting up more in the night (right now it's once for feeding and usually once for soothing--maybe a feed).  I can't seem to add any more oz. during day feeds because he spits it all up or just won't take it.  His naps are kind of crazy, but we're working on them.  He currently gets about 1.5-1.75hrs A time, and will sleep 1 hour in the morning, about 1.5hr in the afternoon (if I soothe him after 45 min--we use a paci), and about 40 min. catnap in evening.  He goes down around 7/7:30 and is up for the day between 8 and 9 (depending on 1 or 2 feeds at night).
Ok, that became much longer than I intended.  I guess I want to make sure we're on the right track.  If you have any suggestions about 4 hour EASY, I would appreciate it!
Melissa
p.s.  Do you think it's ok we soothe with a paci?  It works like a charm--I just don't want it as a prop!  (been there, done that with ds)
Melissa
Mom to Penelope and Alex
er

Offline Luke-n-Me

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
any Aug/Sept 05 mommies out there?
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 18:28:58 pm »
I haven't gotten to a point of needing to transition to a 4-hour EASY, but I think that there is a post about it, probably in the EASY forum, if not in the General Sleep or Nap section.  I think you look for shorter naps, not as much interest in eating a 3 hours etc, check it out.  You know, I didn't even remember Tracy mentioning it when I did this with my son and it apparently just naturally happened.  Of course, it probably just naturally happened because I started feeding him early (3.5 mos) due to other feeding issues. 

My lo won't take a paci, which is good and bad, but honestly, if it's helping you for now, keep doing it.  You could try to wean now and see how it goes or just try to get your lo to suck his fingers/thumb insteady.  That's what I'm working on right now with DD.  When DS found his thumb at 3.5 mos. the world became a much better place and the napping issues totally disappeared! :D
Nancy

Luke (4-2-03)
Annika (8-30-05)