Author Topic: BF and AF question  (Read 871 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
BF and AF question
« on: September 22, 2005, 01:24:12 am »
Okay - AF returned last month and so she should be due for another visit in the next few days or so.
Last month I noticed (in hindsight, first thought it was a growth spurt and it may have been combined with that) that Caeden had gotten kinda fussy and was pulling off/on the breast alot more while nursing. And not just every now and then, but every feed. It was like the milk was running "out" and he was frustrated. So, once I started I realized that had been it more then likely and within a couple days things returned to normal. 
Well, today he started again being fussy while eating and pulling off/on and getting frustrated. I am guessing it is due to my period - should know in a couple days. But my question is - if my milk supply decreases slightly just before - is there anything I can do to help it NOT in the future? Has anyone else experienced this and will it continue every month like this while I am still feeding him? Any advice would be great!

Thanks
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

annamum

BF and AF question
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 02:54:00 am »
Jennifer,

This is exactly what was and still is happening to us. A few days before period, Anna wanted to nurse more often and sometimes acted as if there was not much milk there. At first, I thought, she was teething and that's why she was so fussy but, later, I figured out that this was always before AF.

I am taking Fenugreek tea when she starts acting like that and I know my period will be soon. I usually take one cup of it (in a month) and things seem to be going back to normal. I didn't want to start Fenugreek capsules, they are more potent than tea because my supply wasn't too bad. Another thing that helps is letting dc nurse longer or more often if he is cooperative enough to do that.