Author Topic: Suggestions for extending naps...?  (Read 1065 times)

Offline avenuti

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Suggestions for extending naps...?
« on: September 22, 2005, 06:18:06 am »
Hello -

I've read just about every post I could get my hands on about extending naps and it's still not working for my little one!  She's 4mo old and only takes 30-45 minute naps...about 4-5 times per day.  I've tried just about everything; pat/shush (which just made her angry), pre-empting the wake up by going in early and trying to calm her before the jolt (she woke up and was annoyed that her eyes were being shaded so she couldn't see me...moved around, got a glimpse of me and started grinnng and talking), letting her stay in her crib hoping she'd fall back to sleep - which ends up making her scream!  I know she's tired becuase every once in a while I will go in once she wakes up, pick her up and rock her in her room and she'll fall back to sleep for another hour.  I just don't know what to do!  Because of her short naps - I have a difficult time getting her to do a 3-4hr EASY.  She's awake for about 1.5hrs before acting sleepy, I take her to her room, rock her for about 5 minutes and put her in her crib...awake.  She falls asleep on her own just fine, and sleeps through the night for about 10hrs usually.   What am I doing wrong? :?:  :?:   

Okay, sorry for the scattered thoughts - I guess I'm just getting a little frustrated.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 19:56:27 pm »
You haven't mentioned trying to extend her awake time. Even 15 minutes sometimes makes the difference. Have you tried that?

What does her schedule look like?

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby