Author Topic: Can't get back to sleep - please help  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Haggis

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Can't get back to sleep - please help
« on: September 22, 2005, 07:18:44 am »
Our daughter Lily is just over a year old, and has slept well since 14 weeks. She started teething about 2 months ago and we have gone through a nightmare, as quite a few have all arrived at once. However I believe she isn't teething any longer. She also went off her food and is back to puree and very soft lumps. Lily has now started waking up several times through the night, standing at her cot. We have tried leaving her, but she just gets hysterical. Yes we made the mistake by picking her up and soothing her back to sleep in our arms, although at times as soon as we put her down, she starts talking laughing or crying again. We are now at our wits end having had no full nights sleep in at least 5 weeks. We are unsure as to what to do now. We have tried putting her down without talking, patting and shshing but nothin works unless we pick her up. Please does anyone have any ideas of where we should go from here, we are so tired. :(

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Can't get back to sleep - please help
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 16:04:52 pm »
Hello,

Oh, I feel for you as I know how tiring and frustrating it is when their sleep seemingly falls apart!

Could you post what her typical day looks like?  When she naps, what her bedtime routine looks like, etc..  How was she falling asleep before this?

Post back and we'll try to help!
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com