Author Topic: No sippy cup  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
No sippy cup
« on: September 22, 2005, 10:56:32 am »
My son refuses to take a sippy cup.  He either thinks it's a toy or gets upset at how fast the milk comes out when he sucks.  We've tried a few different brands.  Then he goes over to my mom's one evening.  She feeds him dinner and then gives him some water out of a juice cup.  He did great.   let him have a sip of my milk at the restuarant the other day, and kept reaching, like give more.  Anyone else have a kid that skipped the sippy cup?  Could you get them to take the sippy cup later (i.e. for car rides)?

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
No sippy cup
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 11:04:10 am »
My dd gave up her bottles at 6 months  :oops:  and in fairness drinks almost nothing. The tiny bit she does drink she drinks from a cup without the lid and most recently these days from a delph cup which I of course hold for her. This started as she refused the plastic cup. I am not too pleased about this and hope it's a phase cos she did it before and then went back to the plastic cup. I think she likes the novelty of her teeth on the delph so for the moment it's that or nothing  :oops:  Don't know if she will take the sippy cup later or not, but my gut feeling is no.

Fiona