Author Topic: changing to four hour easy questions  (Read 899 times)

Offline lovingabby

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: September 22, 2005, 11:13:56 am »
Hi,
 I am going to start trying to have my dd who is 4 months old go to a 4 hour routine.  I came up with a couple of questions.

When I read BW solves problems she had the schedule begin at 7:00 and the baby would still go to bed at 7:00 but I guess that is assuming your LO sleeps 12 hours. Last night I was actually able to get her to go to bed at 7:30 (before it had been 8:30 or 9:00). She awoke 8:30, 11:30, and 5:15 to eat. When she woke up at 5:15 she was wide awake so does her day start at then?? SO then I would feed her again at 9:15? Should this be the time then that I get her up every morning or will it depend on her and when she wants to wake up?  SHe usually is about a 10 to 11 hour sleeper at night (not straight through though).
Thanks,
Suzanne
Mom to Abigail - spirited, touchy, reflux baby

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
changing to four hour easy questions
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 04:44:58 am »
True, not all babies sleep 12 hours per night.  If you are okay with her waking up at 5:15 AM, then you can shift the timeframe to accomodate that.  Otherwise, treat it as a night waking and don't take her out of her crib.  Maybe you can set your clock a little bit earlier so that you are essentially giving her a df (say at 4:30 AM) so that she will wake up later than 5:15 AM.

If she sleeps 10 hours per night, she may have to make up the hours somehow during the day, possibly an extended nap instead of a catnap in the afternoon.  Keep in mind that babies need about 15-17 hours of sleep per day.

HTH
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna