Author Topic: awake time for 4 month old  (Read 1929 times)

Offline shem2005

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 27, 2005, 00:23:37 am »
My DD is 4 months next week and i am trying hard to extend her awake time. It is a push to get her to an hour most of the time, she starts getting fussy about 40 minutes. We are currently keeping her awake for about 1.5 hours (except the morning slot) but it is so hard to keep her entertained, she is grizzly and fidgety and then at about 1hr 10 min she will start yawning.

How long is your LO awake time at 4 months?

I have tried low stimulating activity, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. She is worse if she is in her chair and is a little easier if being held and watching the dogs or something like that. I am finding i am watching the clock all the time trying to get her to stay awake longer and it is really not enjoyable.

Any suggestions on how to extend her awake time? I have been doing 1.5 hours for about 3 days now - should i keep going?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
awake time for 4 month old
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 00:44:33 am »
my ds#2 is just 4mo & before he got sick (last week) he was doing close to 2 hours, but now 1.5 is his  absolute max.
My thought is if she is happy being held, or "watching something" it may be that she doesn't like being left alone, my ds#1 was like that,. Maybe try changing the activity/ position every 5mins. I tend to move Liam from room to room, tummy time to propped up/ bouncer to flat on his back. I notice he gets very grumpy if he is on his back much during activity time & when he was in hospital & the same place for 3 days, I relised he was so much more interested in things & got "bored" quiet quickly, but as soon as someone came in the room, he was happy again.
I guess what I'm saying is she possibly needs more stimulation & change to keep her up longer.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05