Author Topic: Issue with Stroller Naps  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Issue with Stroller Naps
« on: September 22, 2005, 14:09:41 pm »
Hi there. Not sure if this should be posted in activity or sleep area because it relates to both. My Marisa, 6 weeks today, used to love her stroller (snap and go with the car seat as her seat for now). She would stay awake for a bit and look around and then fall asleep and have nice nap and let me transfer her to crib when we go home and continue sleeping for the most part. About two weeks ago she started fussing in stroller and catnapping but awaking and getting upset when I stopped walking and/or opened the sun shade and not sleeping well if at all when we got home.

We've since gotten her on a much better schedule and it's definitely starting to help in that she's sometimes taking naps falling asleep on own in crib. However, we live in Manhattan and walk everywhere and need to be able to get her out and about - for all our sakes. And I don't want her to only be able to nap in crib.

This morning I tried taking her for a short walk as part of activity time but she fussed the whole time and got herself all worked up (definitely a Spirited/Touchy type who used to seem more textbook). Should I try again after next bottle? I really want her to be able to enjoy her stroller and even sleep in there when we need to be out and about... Please help.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Issue with Stroller Naps
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 22:39:47 pm »
It sounds like she is now more aware of her surroundings and it is too stimulating for her.  Looking around, all those things to see - you get the idea.

Try putting a dark blanket over her once you think she has had enough.

My LO did this too and she will out grow it.

Hope this helps.