Author Topic: last nap of the day - help  (Read 960 times)

Offline shem2005

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 22, 2005, 23:04:14 pm »
My DD is nearly 4 months old, we are on 4 hour EASY but it is a little different because she generally only stays awake for 1 hr 20 mins. The problem we are having at the moment is with her last nap of the day, i know it is supposed to be a catnap and that is what DD is doing and not amount of shh/pat will extend it, the problem is that then she is awake too long before bed because of her short awake time.

Yesterday our day was:

E  7.00am
S  8.20am
E  11.00am
S  12.20pm
E  2.45pm  (we had 20 mins of activity before this feed)
S  3.15pm

She then woke at 5pm, but because she goes to bed at 7pm (which we love) we tried shh/pat because there was no way she could last 2 hours. We eventually got her up at 6pm.

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can work this? Should we just deal with it until her awake time increases?

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
last nap of the day - help
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 19:04:21 pm »
Have you tried or though of putting her down earlier then 7pm?

Only other thing i can think of is to try a longer wind down before the catnap which will extend the A time (you could try this for all naps) - even 10min may make a difference.

Last suggestion would be to try wake to sleep and see if you can catch her before she wakes at the 45min mark.  If you need, i can give you some examples for the tech.

Hope this helps.