Author Topic: When to bf/eat in 1 nap schedule?  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Liliben

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
When to bf/eat in 1 nap schedule?
« on: September 23, 2005, 10:38:34 am »
LO (now 11 months) has been on 2 nap following schedule for last 4 months which was wonderful.
7.00 bf
8.00 breakfast
9.00 nap 1.5 hrs
11.00 bf
12.30 lunch
2.30 nap 1.5 hrs
4.00 bf
5.30 dinner
7.00 bf
7.45 asleep

But we're now transitioning to 1 nap and I don't know what to do about the mid-morning feed. He's now starting to nap at 10.30 for 1.5- 2 hrs so lunch should be when he wakes up. Do I skip the mid-morning feed or offer hima snack? He wakes from nap wanting to bf but then won't eat lunch. I don't want to do milk and lunch together because it's taken me 4 months to get him to take water froma cup. Any suggestions?

Offline frankiesmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 12:44:59 pm »
You could try giving him a snac before his nap and lunch after.  Alot of people do 3 feeds at this age.  Eventualluy, his nap will start later in the day and you may still give him a mid morning snack and then lunch before his nap.

DS is on one nap and this is what we do:

7 wake, bottle
8 breakfast
10 snack
12 lunch
1 bottle, nap
4 wake, snack
6 dinner
8 bottle, bed

He probably doesn't need the 1:00 bottle, but he won't take milk from a sippy cup yet and he is not bf anymore, so I am just trying to get enough milk into him. 

HTH!
Kim

Offline Liliben

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
When to bf/eat in 1 nap schedule?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 09:40:45 am »
Thanks for the routine. It seems to be a good one to work towards. I don't think DS will ever nap for 3 hours but you never know! Could you suggest what to give as a snack instead of the bf. DS ir refusing the spoon a lot at the moment (apart from yoghurt). A normal breakfast usually consists of fruit, cheerios and toast and a normal lunch is rice cakes with soft cheese, homemade fishfingers or burgers dipped in puree or pizza, fruit and yoghurt. When do I give the snack before a nap, in the highchair or during stories and wind down? I don't know where to fir it all in!