Author Topic: 5 1/2 mo old playing at 0430  (Read 931 times)

Offline cliffrose

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 23, 2005, 12:17:48 pm »
he wakes around 4 to 5, isn't crying, isn't upset for quite awhile- just plays in his crib and chatters to himself. if i get up and feed him a couple ounces he will then drift off in my arms and i can pop him back into the crib, occassionally he will fall asleep in the crib by himself. i try to avoid going in there unless he gets really grumpy (or gets stuck on his tummy, which happens more often- he hasn't perfected tummy-to-back yet).

i can't do pu/pd b/c he's not crying, but our whole day (napping, etc) is thrown off by this waking.

he does nap during the day- 1 1/2 hrs in the AM and 1- 1 1/2 hrs in the early afternoon with a little power nap at 5 pm. down for the night at 7:30pm, dream feed at 10:45.

any advice on how to help him sleep more- or do i just wait for him to outgrow this thing? i'd really like to sleep a little more....

thanks!

Offline Nicoles Mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5 1/2 mo old playing at 0430
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 12:39:24 pm »
Hi there

Unforunately can't help as we have the same issue & am interested in the advice!   Nicole has started waking at 5am and babbling loudly to herself - she's not upset and in fact seems to be giggling and squealing with delight - unfortunately it's just a little early for her mummy and daddy!! :lol:   She's also stilln in our room which I think we might do something about soon!   

Any hints on how we can encourage her back to sleep  :roll: