Author Topic: how to handle impending time change in oct.  (Read 1193 times)

Gigismom

how to handle impending time change in oct.
« on: September 23, 2005, 19:38:55 pm »
how are you going to handle the time change in october?  tracy's book says to keep them up one hour later to make them sleep one hour later (in theory!!)  are you going to keep your lo up later gradually or do the whole hour on one night?

this is our first time changing the clocks back with our dd and i really want her to get on the new time as quickly as possible because currently she wakes at 5:45 am.  after the time change, it will be 4:45 am!!

i am especially interested in stories of moms who have already done this time change thing with their babies and how the parents and babies handled it.  thanks!!

Offline frankiesmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 19:55:00 pm »
I just read Tracy's toddler book and she said to just put them to bed an hour later that first night.  I wish is was that easy!  I am going to try it and see what time he wakes in the am. 
Good luck!

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 01:37:38 am »
Oh my god, I didn't even think about that!  Argh, I'm going to have a very cranky baby on my hands, since she wakes early too!

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 02:27:16 am »
As we are in the middle of transitioning from 2 to 1 - it is all i can think of.

The last time change worked in our favor...she was waking at 6am and ta da...it was then 7am.

I don't think this direction it will be so easy.  I would go w/ 15min every 3days. 

I have had some mom's say that they adjusted on their own after a 1 week due to the light differences.

We shall see.

----
Kim, how are you guys? Last post i saw he was transitioning (this was a while ago).  If you have time can you send me an email w/ any tips!  It would be much apprieciated.