Author Topic: For those of you with toddlers that go to bed early.....  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
For those of you with toddlers that go to bed early.....
« on: September 26, 2005, 10:21:39 am »
Can you share your bedtime routine?  What time does it start?  How long does everything last, etc.  If you give a bath at night, for how long and how do you calm him/her down after the bath...and if you don't do it at night, when do you do it????

Thanks
Jackie

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 11:15:25 am »
we have a 22mth old son,we do bath him but it's every other night now as he has mild eczema.we bath him at 6.30pm for 20 mins then dry and change into pyjamas.ryan's really good when it comes to bedtime so we do let him have a little play sometimes he gets pretty lively but at 7.30pm we tell him it's bedtime and he goes for his dummy in the drawer and gives cuddles then bed.usually asleep by 8pm.things have changed a bit now though he tends to want to go to bed at 7ish so we have just moved tea and bath a little earlier.he only has one  1 hour nap at 11.30am now so he does get very tired around 6pm.
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 13:02:44 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean by "early" but dd is down by 8 pm most nights.  She has dinner around 6:30ish, then plays some more, then bath around 7:15 for 20-30 mins, then dried, lotioned, clothes, hair brushed/sometimes use the hair dryer if she's willing, teeth brushed, into her room for 2 stories, prayers and kisses and into bed by 8.  HTH

Offline Costarican mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 16:07:48 pm »
My 13 month old goes to bed between 6:30-7pm, depending on how tired he is.  Our wind down routine starts at 5 pm with dinner...usually done around 5:30...we then play a bit around the house or go out for a walk if weather allows it (it's rainy season down here now).  Around 6 pm we go upstairs, brush his teeth, put on his pj's, change diaper and get his room ready for bedtime.  We then sit down for a good 10 minutes with one of his favorite books... and once I see he's ready, we turn off lights, and we cuddle while he drinks his bottle.  During this time we pray and I sing to him.... he starts getting drowsy...and once he's almost out (sometimes totally out) I put him in his crib and we call it a day.

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 16:43:25 pm »
My son has dinner at around 5:30, then we have some quiet play with puzzles, etc..  We head upstairs at 6:15 to have stories and cuddles, and then he is in the bath by 6:30, and is usually in the tub for 20 min. or so.  Then it is into his room to get on lotion, diaper, pj's, hair combed, etc..  We say our good-nights with hugs and kisses, and then it's in the crib by 7pm.  Some nights he babbles and plays for awhile before he falls asleep, but he is usually out by 7:30 at the latest.
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com