Author Topic: Late Naps  (Read 1149 times)

Offline wren

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My Boys - Alec Oct 20 '02 & Layne Feb 6 '08
Late Naps
« on: September 23, 2005, 22:33:58 pm »
DS gave up his mid-day nap when we moved across country 5 weeks ago. It was the time change, staying at IL's house, sharing a room with DH & I, etc, etc. However if we are not out of the house in the afternoon he usually watches TV and falls asleep at about 4 or 5:00. I've tried waking him, he just rolls over and snores away. I'd rather he had an earlier nap (1 or 2:00) for an hour but he plain out refuses and kicks up a fuss, making us both stressed. Bedtime is 9:00 and I'd rather that would be more like 8:00 but DH gets home from work at 6:45-7:00 and want to spend time with him. This move has really messed things up for DS.
 :roll:  Blah, Blah, sorry I don't know what I want from you, I just wanted to vent.  :wink:

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Late Naps
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 23:29:32 pm »
Vent away!!

Sorry I don't have any advice for you as my lo is 21 months and still napping.  It sounds like he is giving up the nap altogether, but with the move and all like you said, it has probably been a tiring adjustment for him.  Hopefully it will get better for you soon!

How is Ontario treating you?  Where in Ontario are you?
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline lele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 03:44:18 am »
How has your schedule been with the move?  Maybe if you really work on a structured schedule you can sneak a nap back in early in the day?  I know when our schedule gets changed a lot around here Ds really has a hard time with nap time and bed time.  We moved for the summer, but only 1 hour difference and once i got back into a good schedule and nap routine he started taking good naps again.  HTH.  :)
Sweet Boy- Nov. 1, 2003

Sweet Baby Girl- Nov. 18, 2005

Offline wren

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My Boys - Alec Oct 20 '02 & Layne Feb 6 '08
Late Naps
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 22:05:47 pm »
Carrie, DH & I grew up in Brampton but decided it was too big & busy for us now as a family. We bought in Orangeville and I love the smalltown attitude. BC was wonderful and we lasted 8 years, but now that we have a child we want to be closer to grandparents & cousins.