Author Topic: Is this a growth spurt... or have my girls gone MAD????  (Read 1186 times)

Offline M&M'sMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/thomastwinsicles/
Is this a growth spurt... or have my girls gone MAD????
« on: September 24, 2005, 03:18:44 am »
I am at a point right now where I am a little confused.. is it a growth spurt or just awful nights/days??? (THe girls are now 6 months )
Mais and Mak decided to wake at 1 last night.. we gave them 2 oz ( we have been slowly decreasing the night intake and found they are eating more in the day.. hopefully we can just decrease the night feed to zero).. Maisie screamed bloody murder until we fed her more. Makaylee dozed back off to dreamland minutes after eating. Maisie scarfed 4 more oz and then was satisfied and back to sleep soon after eating also. Then they were awake at 5 am. Makaylee this time needed another couple of oz's. Maisie slept through makaylee's feed. Then Maisie decided that at 6:15 it was wake up time... it wouldn't have been so bad if it were any other night ( she usually isn't up until 7-730ish). She did not wake up happy.. she was fussy, very unlike her. So we left her to "fuss it out" ( she wasn't really crying just loud babble) until 6:45, then we couldn't take it. They were both up then, and were happy to start their day after they were out of bed and downstairs where the action is.

Well come nap time Mais was only down for an hour, Makaylee 2 3/4 hours! then mais needed 2 1/2 hours... and it went on ....the longer than usual naps and fussier than usual activity time....

blah blah they ate, they fussed, they slept ALL DAY !  what is going on.. it has been so long since a growth spurt, and this seems like no day we have ever had.. ANYONE? ANYONE?
Maisie Lyn Caroline (angel)
March 19/05 6:16 am
Makaylee Lyn Jennifer (angel)
March 19/05 6:21 am

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 03:32:52 am »
I would say, yes definitley a growth spurt.  They do have one around 6 months then again at 9 months.  Hang in there.  tHings should get back to normal soon.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 04:43:49 am »
definitely sounds like growth spurt - our 6 mo one was bigger than 3 mo GS.  i woudl try to get as much in the day as possible and if they wake looking for food tonight offer a full feed.  it will not become a habit.  olivia woke for a night feed the first night and drank quite a lot and then started to incraese daytime feeds for another week or so!
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline M&M'sMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/thomastwinsicles/
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 17:07:23 pm »
Thanks Ladies.... we had a bit better night, we fed them 4 oz when they woke at 3:45. then they slept till 8 am! We usually don't let them go past 730 am but we thought they slept so much yesterday that they need the rest. They then ate a big bowl of cereal and fruit and also almost finished a bottle right after! They were awake for 2 1/2 hours, about 1/2 hour more than they usually are. Maybe we are hitting a point where they are slowly cutting down their a.m nap? we will see how they do the rest of the day with feeds... I will keep you posted. Thanks for the 6 month GS info!

Jod
Maisie Lyn Caroline (angel)
March 19/05 6:16 am
Makaylee Lyn Jennifer (angel)
March 19/05 6:21 am