Author Topic: how to drop last bf  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
how to drop last bf
« on: October 18, 2005, 06:25:51 am »
hi

my dd is 13 & 1/2 months, we still bf in the morning, i really want to stop this but not sure how, with the other feeds i had no trouble at all, dd daughter doesn't seem to drink much sometimes only 7oz, she has heeps of cheece - 2 serves a day, i serve of yogurt, 3oz of cows milk with cereal and just the last few days 2oz of cows milk in the afternoon, if we stop bfeeding then do i need to worry about her milk in take? this is a real big concern to me, any advise/help would be appreciated, thanks

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

how to drop last bf
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 06:47:25 am »
I personally think the amount of dairy you're offering is fine.  I don't offer my ds any milk to drink and haven't since he weaned at 14mths (I just made sure I offered at least 3 servings of dairy during the day - milk on cereal, cheese as a snack, yoghurt with lunch and cottage cheese on a cruskit in the afternoon) - I was told by my well child nurse that it's the total dairy intake you look at not just in milk form.  What I did to drop the morning breastfeed (which was our last one too) was we needed to change the routine, and I had to be removed from the equation.  The first day, DH got him up, offered him a sippy of regular milk instead, he protested about it and refused the milk, I meanwhile was having a shower, then I breastfed as usual out in the living room - the main aim for me was to alter the routine just enough (ie, not to be fed in bed, and DH to help out).  The next day, we did the same again and he cried a little, but drank the milk.  By the 3rd day he was fine with the new routine.  We eventually stopped offering the milk sippy of milk in the morning, but you could keep it there if you like.

HTH :)