Author Topic: Does Your LO wake up at 7am (ish)?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Little Bear's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Daniel's birthday is 11 April 2005
Does Your LO wake up at 7am (ish)?
« on: September 25, 2005, 06:30:41 am »
Just wondering how any of you who have your lo's waking around 7am achieved this? Did they do it themselves or did you have to assist?

Also, how old are they, and how long do they sleep at night to achieve this wake up?

My DS is 5 1/2 months and goes to bed at 7pm. He wakes around 5.45am. Can you see what I'm trying to find out?  :lol: Can I hope for my ds to do this too? And if so, I'd love to try your ideas. I'm thinking wake to sleep might be an option.
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 14:05:48 pm »
What is his nighttime schedule like?  When do you do the df and does he wake up again to eat before 5:45 AM?

Also, have you tried getting him to bed at 7:30 PM instead?  If you do try this, do it in 15 min increments rather than letting him stay awake for an extra half hour.
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline mattandcindy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 14:34:13 pm »
Abigail is 7 months. She generally goes to bed around 730pm and is up about 7am or 730am.
At 5 1/2 months she was going to bed at 800-830pm and getting up around 7am.
Cindy

Offline Little Bear's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Daniel's birthday is 11 April 2005
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 21:29:27 pm »
HI, I tried DF but that made matters worse, he started waking for an extra feed aswell, so was feeding about 10.30pm, 4am, then again at about 6am. Also he started pooping in the night which would add to the wakings.

I haven't considered putting him down later as I'd rather get up earlier and have our nights to ourselves.

An interesting thing happened last night. I put him down at 7pm, he slept until 5.15am when I got up and fed him straight away before he got too upset or just too awake. Then put him back to bed immediately. IE treated it like a night feed. And he slept until 7.15am! Yay! I'm going to try this again tomorrow morning. I put the monitor in our room so I could hear his first calling out as normally I think I sleep through this for quite a while  :oops: I'm going to wake him at 7am though if it works. Thismorning I was just curious as to how long he'd sleep for. Basically he heard us moving around and woke up.
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand