Author Topic: Help!!!! - taking 2 or 3 hours to settle at night  (Read 1019 times)

Offline mum2isabella

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Help!!!! - taking 2 or 3 hours to settle at night
« on: September 25, 2005, 21:09:08 pm »
My very spirited DD naps like a dream. I swaddle, put her on the bed and she's asleep within five mins, But nights are another matter!! tonight it's taken almost 3 hours to settle her. She thrashes & flails, pulls her dummy out of her mouth, rolls over and grabs the bars of the cot, screams, cries, laughs (when I look at her)...anything other than sleep. She breaks out of her swaddle (but not when she naps). I have tried a short / long wind down, putting her to bed earlier....nothing seems to work. I eventually got her to sleep tonight by holding her arms down for ten mins! What else can I try?
Isabella Grace born 17th April 2005 - spirited
Samuel Oliver born 22nd July 2006 - textbook/touchy

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 23:42:29 pm »
Hi there, Can you post your EASY schedule for the day/night with naps and feeds so we can get an idea of what is going on. How reliant is she on the dummy? If it falls out before she is asleep will she fuss/cry for it? Do you have to replace it at night/naps?

Thanks
Dee
x

Offline nikipowerssa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 17:35:29 pm »
I think there is something about Isabellas!  My Izzy does not settle for naps but ( touch wood) sleeps well at night ( has only not settled to sleep after bath twice in her 9weeks).  Fancy a swop for a change?!
mum to izzy - currently 5weeks old